We are entitled to amend, upgrade, or supplement this policy at any time. The amended policy will be valid at the time of being updated. After the Protection Policy, if the e-wallet owners still uses the Payoo e-wallet, this would mean the e-wallet owners has understood and agreed on the new Protection Policy.
On collecting personal information
Upon registering the opening of a Payoo e-wallet account, the customer needs to provide us with the following information:
- Personal information: Full name, email address, ID, telephone number.
- Financial information: Name of the bank and the bank account which customer desires to be connected to the Payoo e-wallet. The information the customer declares forms part of the registration formalities. Information related to the bank and the account number will help us verify your Payoo e-wallet. And all this information will also help us protect your own rights in case of rising disputes, and limit and prevent transaction risks.
The customer will be also requested to supply further information, for example your date of birth as well as other information.
On the required accuracy of personal information
Payoo e-wallet always tries its best in handling provided data on personal information and verifying the account of the e-wallet. Therefore, the customer will be responsible for providing us with accurate personal information and updating new information all the time. In addition, we shall not be responsible for settling any dispute if the information provided by the customer is erroneous, inaccurate or forged.
On storing and protecting personal information
In this policy, we use the phrase “personal information” to describe the information that is related to a specific
person and can be used to identify the same person.
Your personal information are stored and protected securely in the host computer by a firewall system; at the same time, all your information transmitted on the Internet will be codified with the standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
At the same time, we also apply the ISO 27001:2005 international standard of information security, most widely applied at present all over the world in general and Vietnam in particular.
We also frequently coordinate with protection experts so as to update latest information on network security to safeguard any personal information when the customer registers and uses the Payoo e-wallet.
On using personal information
Any e-wallet owner’s personal information, as well as transaction information will be stored protected by the Payoo e-wallet system. We use the information provided by the customer to:
- Supply new services to the e-wallet owners;
- Forward notices on transaction;
- Prevent thieving and destroying the Payoo e-wallet account;
- Make verification with a third party during transactions;
- Contact the customer in special instances;
- Handle arising risks (if any).
On linking with other websites
Payoo e-wallet is linked to many e-commerce websites and selling websites on the Internet. Naturally, we are not held responsible for issues not related to payments and transactions between the customer and these websites. The customers are required to protect the information in their account and not to supply any information related to Payoo e-wallet account and password on the selling websites, except signing in our 2 official websites: www.payoo.com.vn and www.payoo.vn.
On supplying personal information to a third party
Payoo e-wallet will the customer’s personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- Providing the customer’s personal information to organizations and partners of Payoo e-wallet (such as NaviBank, WesternBank…) to prevent fraudulence and appropriation of the e-wallet account. However, these businesses are not permitted to use this personal information to advertise or market in any form whatsoever without prior approval by the e-wallet owner;
- Providing part of the information to the seller or the buyer in order to ensure fluent transactions. The third party is not permitted to use your personal information to advertise or market in any form whatsoever without your prior approval;
- Providing your personal information to authoritative agencies at the special request of these agencies, or in case the customer commits legal violations.
Payoo e-wallet is your e-wallet. That would mean you must manage your own account and password. You must therefore
protect your own password carefully. In case the password is disclosed in any form, we are not liable for arising
In case you forget your password, please choose “Forget password” and follow the instructions to create a new password, or send an email to: email@example.com or call (84-8) 3911 7147 and ask the Customer Support Section to supply you another password. After verification by professional measures, we will supply you a new passport within 24 hours.
In case you suspect that your Payoo e-wallet account or password has been disclosed, you must replace the old password with a new one, or inform immediately the Customer Support Section to receive instructions on handling measures.